Ww2 Soviet Safety Poster Siberia Gulag Russia Stalin Nkvd Kgb Prisoners Camp
Original slogan on the poster says. WHEN UNLOADING THE BOARDS AND WOODS FROM ABOVE, DO NOT REMOVE RACKS COMPLETELY, BUT SAW THEM PARTLY, AS RELIEF! = CM: 38 x 43.5. The poster was issued by:????? Department of workers, labor and wages and Organizational construction of the Ministry of Transport. The poster was approved by: Editorial methodical commission of the Department of skilled workers, labor & wages under the Ministry of Transportation infrastructure construction in the central committee of the trade union of workers of railway transport. The poster was printed by:???? \ Typo-Litography of the Main Directorate of Railway Construction of the Far Eat and Siberia Ministry of Transportation. Highly rare original Soviet safety and accident prevention poster that used to be used in the Transpolar railway in USSR, that was built in 40s-50s.
The railway to nowhere, with its huge cost in human lives, became known as the "Dead Road" or "Road of Bones". Under Stalin hundreds of thousands of prisoners among them the founder of the Soviet space programme, generals and intellectuals side by side with common criminals worked in extremely hard condition.
That's why the quality of works was extremely low and often workers, mostly intelligentsia, didn't know the simple safety rules causing injuries and mortality. That's why the Soviet government had decided to develop such instrument as accident prevention posters. Excactly'50ss are the initial years of wide inception of safety posters in Russia. The safety posters were widely used while putting railway road lines as well as while building new houses and constructions for all workers and administration personal in new lands, mainly in Siberia. It was really slave labor camps operated by the Soviet Union from the 1930s to the 1950s.
The poster was approved by editorial methodical commission of the Department of skilled workers, labour & wages under the Ministry of Transportation infrastructure construction in the central committee of the trade union of workers of railway transport. This item is in the category "Art\Art Posters".posters" and is located in this country: US. This item can be shipped worldwide.
- Size: Large (up to 60 in wide)
- Region of Origin: USSR
- Handmade: No
- Artist: SUKHONDAEVSKIY V.
- Character: Karl Marx, Friendrich Engels, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev, Leonid Brezhnev, Mikhail Gorbachev, Yuri Andropov
- Framing: Unframed
- Country/Region of Manufacture: Russian Federation
- Featured Person/Artist: Friendrich Engels, Karl Marx, Joseph Stalin, Nikita Khrushchev, Leonid Brezhnev, Mikhail Gorbachev, Yuri Andropov
- Custom Bundle: No
- Style: Socialist Realism, Socrealism, Affichiste, Art Deco, Avant-garde, Constructivism, Realism, Russian, Surrealism
- Item Height: 15 in
- Item Width: 17 in
- Material: Paper
- Theme: Communism, Bolsheviks, Retro, Advertising, Agriculture, Art, Conflicts & Wars, History, Industrial, Patriotic, People, Politics, Social History
- Personalize: No
- Type: Poster
- Title: ACCIDNT PREVENT POSTER
- Features: Signed, 1st Edition, Limited Edition
- Subject: Communism, Bolsheviks, Advertising, Agriculture, Art, History, Patriotic, Politics, Social History, Working Life, Military
- Certificate of Authenticity (COA): No
- Culture: USSR
- Item Length: 17 in
- Signed: No
- Original/Licensed Reprint: Original
- Year of Production: 1956
- Unit of Sale: Single-Piece Work
- Listed By: Dealer or Reseller
- Date of Creation: 1950-1960
- Width (Inches): 17
- Color: Multi-Color
- Height (Inches): 15